6 months ago
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Accountable for preparing technical designs, reports, drawings for specific projects delivered by the Highways Design Team.
Working as part of a team, you will support Principal and Senior Engineers within the Team in developing effective engineering proposals and solutions in accordance with the objectives of the Business, Amey’s Quality procedures and the expectations of our Clients.
What will this role involve?
* Provide engineering design input required to effectively deliver specific projects undertaken by the Team.
* Assist in monitoring the expenditure and financial commitment against projects.
* Assist in Identifying and managing project risks in order to minimise the likelihood and impact of occurrences that could be detrimental to projects, Clients, Stakeholders and the business.
* Build and maintain healthy relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients.
* Promote the technical development of other staff within the Team, including providing appropriate technical advice.
* Prepare technical output for projects to an acceptable standard, including adherence to Amey’s HSEQ procedures.
* Design of highways schemes using appropriate design guidance including DMRB.
* Preparation of contract documentation for procurement and construction purposes, in accordance with MCDHW and NEC requirements.
* Assist in Administration of construction contracts including execution of NEC Project Manager and Supervisor duties. Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team.
What are we looking for?
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements
* Ability to undertake detailed design of key elements of a project
* Design and Construction Experience within a local and /or strategic highways and public realm environment.
* Applying DMRB design guidance and contract document preparation, including MCDHW and NEC3/4.
* General awareness of project delivery within a commercial environment
* Knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations and other relevant health and safety legislation
* Knowledge of DDA and Road Safety Audit procedures
* Knowledge of regulatory procedures
* Ability to use highway and engineering design software packages eg Autocad, MX, Micro-Drainage, Arcady, Linsig.
* Awareness of relevant legislation including Traffic Management Act; the Highways Act and associated Highway Regulations.
What makes this role unique?
You will implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.