2 months ago
We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work, and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
In Liverpool, Amey Consulting partners with Local Authorities on projects such as the A565 Northern Link Key Corridor Improvements and the Liverpool City Centre Connectivity Project Upgrade of Eberle Street. By working on local projects like these, as a Senior Highways Design Engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to see your designs evolve from inception to completion, through working in partnership with our Amey operations teams and gaining on-site experience.
Based at Matchworks we have large modern spaces to work with free on-site parking and have a progressive, flexible attitude towards accommodating work-life balance and flexible working hours.
Our Liverpool team is made up of 45 professionals with a diverse experience base. We pride ourselves on mentoring engineers at all levels and can offer significant support towards Chartership or the opportunity to mentor others on their journey.
What is the purpose of this role?
Due to an increased workload, we are looking to recruit a Highways Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Highways design team, providing effective support and assistance to the senior engineers and team leaders on a variety of highways schemes.
As a Highways Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very end result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to thrive and we’ll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills, or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
What will this role involve?
In a typical week you will:
* Take technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of highway design solutions for civil engineering works at preliminary and detailed design stages, providing support to Senior Engineers.
* Manage fee for your schemes, identifying change notifications for any change of scope imposed.
* Lead Graduates and Technicians in preparing design solutions for civil engineering projects at preliminary and detailed design stages.
* Work on progressing towards your professional institution
* Drive effective health and safety practices within your Team
What are we looking for?
We want to hear from you if:
* You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject
* You have completed (or agree to) a formal training agreement leading towards Chartered Engineer status as defined by the Engineering Council and agreed programme towards achieving a professional qualification, or have achieved Incorporated Engineer status as defined by the Engineering Council
* Have an appreciation of technical governance procedures and how they are applied within a consulting engineering environment
* You can demonstrate developing experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in an Assistant Engineer role or equivalent
* You can produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements, working under supervision
* You are experienced in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety, and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.
* You can demonstrate an understanding of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental, and childcare vouchers
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have an impact, making a genuine difference in people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your ambition as well as the shared one.