4 days ago
About Pell Frischmann
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise cover: Aviation, Buildings, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Wastewater.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users via unconventional methods.
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage own workload and deliver projects on time and in accordance with client requirements. To carry out work within own area of technical discipline and also support the development of digital delivery processes.
Work is likely to be predominantly on wastewater or clean water projects, either infrastructure or non-infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Implement project requirements to fully meet the client specification and in accordance with relevant standards;
* Prepare own discipline designs, drawings and schedules to the required quality;
* Contribute to the production of Project Management Plans;
* Support the preparation of scheme evaluations, design statements, tender documents and any other required deliverables;
* Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods;
* Awareness of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650;
* Promoting BIM and digital delivery best practice;
* Engage in client, contractor and third party liaison, including review of third party design proposals;
* Have a good understanding of BMS procedures;
* Support learning and development of graduates and other team members.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. At Pell Frischmann you will not be pigeon-holed but encouraged to thrive and develop.
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits, including:
* 25-Days Annual Leave and Buy, Sell & Carry-Over Policies.
* Life Assurance at 4x Base salary.
* Season Ticket Loans.
* Salary Sacrifice Benefits.
* Full Learning and Development programme.
Qualification Relevant degree in Civil Engineering. CEng, MICE, or at least approaching Chartered status.
Experience Minimum two years experience in design, ideally in the Water Sector. Previous experience of working on projects with a central 3D model and ideally experience working on a BIM level 2 project. Awareness of BIM Execution Plans (BEPs) and associated documentation, such as Master Information Delivery Plans (MIDP).
Skills Good technical ability;
Good client and contractor facing skills;
Good verbal and written communication skills. Good knowledge of the following software tools: Autodesk products i.e. Civils3D, Plant3D, Revit and Navisworks. Common Data Environments i.e. ProjectWise, BIM 360 etc.