8 months ago
WYG has an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer within the Belfast office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high-profile projects throughout the UK, Ireland & beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop professionally, as an Engineer.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role and provide support to the team within the office - an individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
Reporting directly to a senior member of the team, you will:-
* Undertake civil engineering design of projects
* Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, consultants, statutory authorities and utility companies
* Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget
* Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives
* Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures
* Assist in the contract administration of projects
* Undertake site visits and surveys
* Work as part of a larger team on major WYG commissions across our national teams
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Have a UK accredited degree (either BEng(Hons) or MEng) in Civil Engineering. Minimum grade 2:2
* Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment
* Chartered or approaching Chartered status with the Institution of Civil Engineers
* Experience in the use of software including AutoCAD and Microdrainage, WinDes
* Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification for Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification for the Water Industry and their implementation
* Experience of and ability to work within project teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies
* Suitability for UK Security Clearanc
* Good attitude to Health and Safety practices within the workplace and design
* A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD
* Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office
* Delivering work to set timescales and deadlines
* Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
* Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions of Contract
* Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
* Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
* Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
* An effective team player, organised, flexible and articulate
* Good time management and reliability and display initiative
* Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally
* Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
* Ownership of the work done under your control
* An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer several benefits for employees, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including additional holiday and travel insurance. You will also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.