5 months ago
Amey Consulting- Scotland
Our Edinburgh and Glasgow design hubs provide a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to completion. We deliver projects right across Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, supervision and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes.
Our multidisciplinary team encompasses roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM, traffic and transportation. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with each other and with our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
As experts in our field, we are focused on technical excellence. We provide a supportive environment in which to develop the knowledge and skills of our staff to ensure careers thrive.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide support to a Senior Engineer within a design team to ensure
* Compliance with all relevant technical standards
* Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications
* Project requirements and are fully met
* Advice and guidance is provided for staff, and professional development is actively pursued
* Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
What will this role involve?
* Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
* Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
* Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
* Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
* Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
What are we looking for?
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements.
* Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
* Experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads
* Working knowledge of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
* Demonstrable experience in Roads or Structures or Traffic and Transportation
* Working knowledge of Cycle by Design, Roads for All and Sustrans Design documents
* Good CAD and traffic modelling skills.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards.
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you be the better. By working with a family of specialist, market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment, you’ll see how their thinking influences yours and vice versa.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.