4 months ago
May 11, 2019
Stepps, BORDER, GB, G33 6FB
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Under close supervision, performs engineering functions requiring knowledge and experience in engineering principles. This level builds on experience gained as Engineer1 by either obtaining more depth in specific subject area with the expectation that assignments are larger and more complex, or by gaining experience in more subject areas.
* Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
* Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
* Continues developing knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
* Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
* Prepares and verifies less complex engineering deliverables
* Performs research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
* Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
* Prepares engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
* Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
* Seeks out supervisor or project leadership to share information and gain guidance with respect to details of design and interdisciplinary coordination
* Coordinates with others as assigned by supervisor or project leadership
* Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers
* May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
* Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Civil Engineer, Engineer, Engineering