7 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CIVIL ENGINEER to join the Rolls-Royce Civil Nuclear team in Bristol. You would be employed directly by Rolls-Royce but would be based in the Edvance UK Bristol office.
Hinkley Point C in the South West will be the first in a new generation of UK nuclear power stations, marking a significant milestone in the re-vitalisation of the UK’s nuclear power industry and providing a clean, secure and affordable source of electricity for around five million homes.
You will ensure the production and monitoring of the civil engineering of the buildings on the nuclear island to which they are assigned and proposes technical solutions. They will directly receive work assignments from and report to the Group Leader.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our civil nuclear business provides nuclear reactor vendors and utility operators with integrated, long-term support services and solutions spanning the whole reactor lifecycle, from concept design through to obsolescence management and plant-life extension. Safety-critical systems have been supplied to around 50% of the global nuclear power plants in service and we’ve been a key player in the nuclear industry for more than 50 years.
* Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data; create, maintain and responsible for the Design Risk Register.
* Produces the deliverables for which they are responsible (assumption notes, technical specifications, calculation notes).
* Coordinate the work of CAD Designer in conjunction with the Design Office Manager.
* Perform design activities for fastenings in concrete; perform technical verifications of civil engineering documents for their building.
* Manage and monitor the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
* Make the necessary clarifications to the documents within Edvance’s scope.
* Provide support in dealing with the non-conformity and adaptation reports issued by the contractor and relays the modifications to the design office.
* Civil Engineer Degree or equivalent, ideally with design office experience.
* Understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations.
* Knowledge and understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering and especially the design of fastenings in concrete.
* Experience in designing of reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete structures.
* Must be fluent in spoken and written English. Native/bilingual proficiency or near fluent level of French is highly desirable.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer power for life. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 22nd January 2019
Engineering for Services
14 Jan 2019; 00:01