9 months ago
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Taunton
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Not Specified
Vacancy Reference: 315
We are currently looking to recruit a Civil Engineer to join the established Civil Engineering Design team based in our Taunton office.
The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the senior level engineering staff and to take a leading role on specific tasks and projects. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and you will have the opportunity run your own projects.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician and CAD operator positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* Support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects and assist in securing S278/S38 and S104 technical approvals
* Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
* Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time, reporting to the project manager.
* Deliver projects within budget constraints
* Prepare and manage delivery of technical reports
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and will be provided with support from other multi-disciplines.
The candidate will require:
* A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Experience of Section 38, 278 and 104 processes
* Have experience of preparing highway designs and specifications
* Have experience in detailed drainage and SuDs design using WINDES
* Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
* Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports and ing QA procedures
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
* Be a competent user of ACAD and Civil 3D
* Have experience of DMRB Manual for Streets, British Standards and Sewers for Adoption
The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.