11 months ago
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Cambridge
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 197
Our Cambridge office is extremely busy at the moment and we are seeking to recruit an Engineer to join the Civils team. We have major growth plans in place in this region and we are planning to move to a new office in the City Center by April 2018. PBA have long been established as one of the leading consultancies in the East and we have never been busier.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary infrastructure consultancy with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all sectors of the development industry. We are currently working on some of the biggest and most prestigious developments in the Cambridge and Eastern region.
You will have the opportunity to be intricately involved in the delivery from concept through to construction of a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects, from large mixed-use, residential or commercial / industrial projects through to city centre regeneration schemes.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician and CAD operator positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* Support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects and assist in securing S278/S38 and S104 technical approvals
* Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
* Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time, reporting to the project manager.
* Deliver projects within budget constraints
* Prepare and manage delivery of technical reports
Capabilities and Qualifications:
* A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Have experience of preparing development and infrastructure designs and specifications
* Have experience in detailed drainage and SuDs design using WINDES
* Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
* The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
* Be a competent user of ACAD, PDS or Civil 3D.
Peter Brett Associates (PBA) is now part of Stantec, thus entering the most exciting phase in our history. We have built up our reputation through decades of success and now have made a significant step towards securing greater opportunities and growth.
Both PBA and Stantec bring teams that possess a depth of expertise, experience, and passion for community. Together, our combined strengths will be essential to meet the growing opportunities in key UK markets. As a result, we will be able to offer a broader set of services to our clients and even better career opportunities for our people. Our people are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key objective for us.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.