8 months ago
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Birmingham
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 311
We're looking for a forward thinking Civil Engineer with a passion for design to help us deliver prestigious local projects and exciting developments nationwide and overseas. Whether it is working on the redevelopment of Paradise Circus in the centre of Birmingham or delivering technical assessments of Driver Experience Centres and motorsport venues in both the UK and overseas, if you have the passion and enthusiasm to be part of our success then we would love to hear from you.
PBA’s Birmingham Infrastructure team has been going from strength to strength since the team was established some 4 years ago. A number of exciting and challenging schemes have helped the team to grow to its current size, creating a solid base for future growth and diversification.
The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the existing senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and will have the opportunity to run their own projects.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
* To support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects
* Delegate and manage the technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
* Liaise with the client and design teams on projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time
* To deliver projects within budget constraints
* Prepare and manage technical reports
* A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
* Some experience of Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104 submissions
* Experience in Civils3D would be an advantage
* Have experience in detailed drainage and attenuation design, including Sewers for Adoption 6 and 7, using MicroDrainage as well as hand-calculations and DMRB design approach
* Have experience in highway design and specification, both DMRB and Local Authority Design Guide
* Have experience in earthworks design, including interpretation of site investigation and preparation of earthworks analysis
* Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
* Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports, communicate with clients and other Design team members
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
Peter Brett Associates (PBA) is now part of Stantec, thus entering the most exciting phase in our history. We have built up our reputation through decades of success and now have made a significant step towards securing greater opportunities and growth.
Both PBA and Stantec bring teams that possess a depth of expertise, experience, and passion for community. Together, our combined strengths will be essential to meet the growing opportunities in key UK markets. As a result, we will be able to offer a broader set of services to our clients and even better career opportunities for our people. Our people are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key objective for us.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.