about 1 year ago
Title : Civil Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-36260
Work Location :GB-West Midlands-Birmingham
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Civil
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Civil Engineer at Consultant grade to join our Infrastructure team in our Birmingham office.
The role would suit a proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic, growing team. This position would ideally suit someone with a highway or traffic engineering background with considerable experience of working in the Public Sector.
Your will be part of a team of engineers working on a broad cross section of highway and general infrastructure projects across several markets, including defence, property, waste, industrial and transportation.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most prestigious projects across the UK. Key clients include Local Authorities, Crown Estate, Homes England and MOD and working with these clients to deliver their aspirations and ambitions will be an important factor. You will play a leading role in the design and assessment of infrastructure projects within multidisciplinary design teams and will take appropriate responsibility for the delivery and quality of the design elements.
We are looking for individuals who now want to enhance and develop their careers within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
* Member of a team of engineers carrying out highway / traffic engineering / civil design in accordance with detailed specifications
* Able to manage your own workload
* Typical duties include carrying out feasibility studies, option studies, infrastructure assessments, design calculations, earthworks modelling, drainage assessments, highway / traffic engineering design and assisting with general delivery of projects
* Managing and coordinating 3rd party surveys and site investigations
* Adhere to quality and technical assurance procedures for all deliverables produced by the team
* Deliver engineering services / projects to a range of sectors, including defence, property, waste, industrial and transportation
* Compliance with Wood's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements
Skills / Qualifications
Experience & Skills
* Experience of working in the Public Sector
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrable technical delivery skills
* Has worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
* Thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD
* Experience of 3D design software (e.g. Autodesk Revit and/or Civils 3D) and application of BIM
* User of MicroDrainage Software
* NEC3 / 4 Contract experience
* Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements
* Previously or currently working for one of Wood's direct competitors
* Multi-sector and international experience
* Experience of working on major infrastructure projects
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
* Graduate Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE, CIWEM, CIHT, IHE
* Working towards, or achieved, an appropriate professional status with membership of a relevant professional institution
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close