5 months ago
WYG has an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer within the Belfast office to become part of our team involved in the delivery of a variety of high profile projects across the UK. This post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally.
* Undertake design of Civil Engineering elements.
* Provide technical assistance to the members of the Civil Engineering team.
* Assist the Civil Engineering team to ensure project delivery within agreed timescales and budgets.
* Expected to exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making related to the accomplishment of the team’s objectives.
* Work under the supervision of the Project Civil Engineer(s) and the Design team leader.
* Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures.
* Assist in design reviews and verification checks, as required.
* Ensure compliance with all legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions.
* Assist in the contract administration of projects and ensure that time and budgetary requirements are met.
* Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, Statutory Authorities, utility companies and other consultants, as required.
* Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering.
* A Graduate member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI).
* Minimum 3 years experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment.
* Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCad is essential.
* Experience in the use of PDS , WinDes and Civils 3D is desirable.
* Experience and ability of working within project teams.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
* WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
* WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
* WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG plc’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare, additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
The WYG flexible benefits scheme was introduced in recognition of the fact that the needs and priorities of each individual differ. WYG “Flexible Benefits” is a menu of benefit options which allows you to vary your remuneration package to suit your own personal circumstances.