about 1 year ago
The job holder will cover a wide range of areas including project management, asset management, scheme development, inspections, preliminary and detailed design, procurement and construction supervision.
Management of highway structures projects
Liaison with third parties such as statutory bodies for consents and approvals
Preparing and checking technical reports
Preparation of contract documents and tender packs
Work planning and preparing of programmes
Cost build ups and estimating along with cost monitoring and forecasting
Design and/or assessment calculations
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Application of the Well-Managed Highway Infrastructure, A Code of Practice
• Management of highway structures inspection programme, validation / approval of inspection reports (produced in accordance with Inspection of Highway Structures and CSS guidance)
• Manage projects, work package orders or discrete items of work where appropriate including financial reporting and operational delivery
• Deliver projects and commissions, providing technical and administrative support and leadership where required
• Use your knowledge and skills in working together with the team and other disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients
• Provide innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services
• Strong time and financial management for self and potentially that of others
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner ‘Engineers without Borders’, ‘Water for People’ and ‘Bridges to Prosperity’. We’re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women’s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK.
View on Google maps
View our application tips and tricks