4 months ago
Chief Renewable Energy Consultant (Wind Energy)
Jun 7, 2019
Bradford-on-Avon, WILTS, GB, BA152AU
Redhill, SURREY, GB, RH1 1SH
South Gyle, BORDER, GB, EH12 9DQ
Glasgow, GLC, GB, G1 2DT
Chester, CHES, GB, CH1 3AE
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 320
Job Title : Chief Renewable Energy Consultant (Wind Energy)
Business Unit Sector : PCL-WTR EMEIA
Work Location : UKBRADAVON, UKCHESTER, UKEDINBURG, UKGLASGOW1, UKREDHILL
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
Strategic business and technical lead for wind technologies.
Role includes: Conducting wind measurement and analysis projects, technical due diligence, managing direct reports, shared and dedicated resources, supporting technical and methodological improvements. Staying abreast of market developments and relevant players, supporting business development activities and tender responses, working with business development function to identify and grow client relationships.
We seek an individual who have a proven commitment to working in the renewable energy sector, particularly within the wind energy space and with commensurate client exposure within this target market.
• Technical undertaking of; wind resource assessment, technical due diligence and feasibility studies.
• Effectively manage several renewable energy projects concurrently to time and budget constraints (involving management of c. 5-10 staff to deliver these projects).
• To manage and work alongside other professionals in inter-department multi-disciplinary teams.
• To prepare technical and non-technical reports.
• To take a role (in conjunction with business development professionals) in and manage various business development activities/ tender initiatives.
• To contribute to expanding the client base and support on managing relationships with key clients.
• Representing B&V at exhibitions and conferences.
• Thought preparation of abstracts and delivery of technical presentations.
• Stay abreast of market developments and relevant players.
• Manage and engage with internal global stakeholders.
• English as a first language / completely fluent speaker and writer at equal to first language level.
• Initiative and drive to deliver results.
• Commercial awareness.
• Experience of project and people / contract management activities.
• Well developed technical skills and experience.
• Numerate and well-developed MS Excel skills.
• Well developed report writing and reviewing skills, using MS Word.
• User of industry standard wind analysis software.
• Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload and team members.
• Accountability, including level of self-motivation and passion in developing in others.
• Understanding client’s needs, and business development experience.
• Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information.
• Influencing others, including communication skills.
• Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly.
Experience in some or all of the following areas is essential both on and offshore wind:
• Wind measurement campaign design, implementation and management.
• Meteorological mast, Lidar and SODAR data processing.
• Wind resource assessment; wind analysis, wind flow/energy modelling.
• Pre-construction and operational energy yield analysis.
• Experience in the use of methodologies and tools for wind farm design and analysis applicable to a variety of terrain types including; complex terrain, forestry and offshore projects.
• CFD analysis with ANSYS software or similar.
• Experience with wind analysis software such as; WAsP, Windographer, WindFarm or similar.
• Operational wind farm SCADA data analysis, assessment and optimisation.
• Consulting/Technical Due Diligence of wind energy technologies.
• Establishing and keeping key client relationships.
• Proposal/ tender preparation and review.
• Engagement with collaborative projects and dissemination of findings.
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
• Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Sciences or equivalent qualification.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
• MSc or equivalent in a related subject area for on and offshore wind energy technologies.
• Professional recognition qualification such as Chartered Engineer.
• Industry recognised organisation registration.
Highly Desirable Experience
• A knowledge of; IEC 61400-1, -3, -12, -15 and -26 standards and other relevant industry publications, recommended practices and guidance.
• IEC 61400 committee or working group member.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.