9 months ago
Rivers, Dams and Maritime provides end to end infrastructure engineering to a diverse array of projects. Our services range from harnessing water’s true power from vast dam retaining structures and safely routing raging rivers through our towns, to taming the seas' effects on our coasts and ports. We combine technical excellence and industry expertise with our passion and dedication for conquering complex challenges. This approach ensures our clients’ projects are delivered sensitively, sustainably and embrace the latest technologies that efficiently achieve innovative civil engineering solutions.
We are looking for a a prominent professional dams and reservoirs engineer, who will have the chance to apply their skills in the delivery of our broad project work, of a national and international nature, enabling our clients to manage their assets and operations more efficiently and safely through an integrated approach, bringing order into our changing world. Our team of professionals are trailblazers in innovation, creativity and quality for our clients and colleagues. Operating collaboratively within an agile digital environment, we provide our clients with outstanding technical deliverables and services, using sector leading technology. Our current client portfolio includes Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, Welsh Water, Thames Water, Scottish Water and National Trust. We are also actively seeking and delivering opportunities in the Africa and the Asia Pacific regions.
We afford a person-centred approach to careers for our staff and enable them to work on challenging and rewarding projects, growing our success out of mutual trust, open communication and close partnerships with our clients and colleagues from across the globe. You will need to possess strong customer focus and a high level of relationship management skills to strengthen and expand our portfolio of clients and secure viable opportunities in a competitive market place.
International opportunities. Large scale, high profile projects. Once in a lifetime challenges. Your story can start here.
* AR Panel Engineer under the Reservoirs Act 1975
* Chartered Civil Engineer with strengths in water and/or wastewater engineering.
* Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively with other disciplines and businesses in delivering leading dam engineering projects to time and budget.
* Candidates must have a real interest in dam engineering design.
* Working familiarity with relevant technical codes of practice and industry standards is essential; from initial planning through to construction management.
* Excellent written and verbal skills when communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Be available to travel across UK and overseas.
* Leading the technical delivery of dam and reservoir projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines. Work typically undertaken includes design of earth, rock-fill and concrete dams, remedial works of existing dam embankments, spillways, valve towers, etc., project management and reservoir supervision & inspections in accordance with the Reservoirs Act, 1975.
* Assisting in developing the Atkins’ dams business within the UK and overseas, delivering business development targets.
* To maintain and expand a portfolio of clients, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure new and repeat business.
* Identify opportunities and lead bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
* Ensure the quality of project work meets the agreed requirements and specifications.
* Managing supplier resources to deliver projects to time, quality and budget.
* Leading and mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
* The Individual
* Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skill.
* Strong reputation and high level technical performance.
* Possessing a flexible, winning attitude.
* Able to generate innovative solutions to challenges and follow them through.
* Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
* Excellent team working and communication skills.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview