about 1 year ago
Chief Biomass Engineer
United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-Scotland, United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 23-Jul-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Manage and act as business and technical lead for: feasibility studies, design, specification and implementation of biomass, biogas, biofuels & waste-to-energy renewable energy projects. Lead various marketing and tender initiatives. Manage department resource allocation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Black & Veatch are recruitng for a Chief Biomass Engineer to support the Renewables team, duties will include:
? Consulting/contracting on renewable energy projects for major UK clients.
? Preparation of plant specifications and contract implementation through to completion.
? Plant installation, commissioning, and testing.
Highly desirable to have experience in most of the following areas:
? Combustion systems, including high and low pressure boilers.
? Pyrolysis and gasification.
? Prime movers: gas turbines, steam turbines, gas engines.
Degree in Engineering or a related subject, with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer. Ideally, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject. Potentially also with a qualification in management. Proven interest in working in the renewables sector long-term.
• Commercial awareness.
• Experience of project and people/contract management activities.
• Well developed technical skills and experience.
• Numerate and well developed MS Excel skills.
• Well developed report writing and reviewing skills, using MS Word.
• Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results.
• Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload and team members.
• Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition and developing in others.
• Understanding client’s needs, and business development experience.
• Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information.
• Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general.
• Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly.
• Effectively manage several renewable energy projects concurrently to time and budget constraints (involving management of c. 5-10 staff to deliver these projects).
• Manage department resources.
• To lead and manage various business development activities/ tender initiatives.
• To lead on managing the relationship with key clients.
• To contribute to expanding the client base.
• Technical leadership for feasibility studies.
• Technical leadership for design and specification of renewable energy projects.
• To work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams.
• To prepare technical and non technical reports.