about 1 month ago
Chief Architect - Hybrid Cloud Transformation
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an IBM Chief Architect with focus on OpenShift in a hybrid, multi-cloud environment you;
* Directly help clients on their journey to cloud based on an open architecture.
* Be an evangelist and provide technical eminence both internally within IBM and able to deliver across different technology stacks with good hands-on-skills you support your team and our customers by coaching, teaching and giving advice.
* Participate in our flagship ‘Think’ events and workshops. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
* Provide consultative, architectural, program and engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud.
* Deliver innovative solutions, that are tailored to the specifics needs of our customers.
* Further developing your extensive experience with Cloud Architectures, Kubernetes and OpenShift you are building next-generation cloud native applications, sophisticated system integrations or ambitious cloud migration projects in a team of brilliant builders.
* Translate between business and tech. By building pragmatic IT solutions for real world problems you create value for our customers every single day.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary, incentive scheme, car allowance, on-going business and technical career development, medical cover, pension, vacation days, free access to online learning platforms (O'Reilly Safari, A Cloud Guru, Udemy), visit 2 conferences a year, Vlog and attend meetups in working hours, obtain Red Hat and other CSP training and certification, flexible working and home times.
You strongly value diversity and different opinions. You know how to motivate. You do what is right, not what is easy. Even in difficult circumstances you are level-headed, and you manage to infect others with your positive attitude. You are always looking to learn something new and know about the latest technical trends.
Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and Red Hat technologies through real world engagement.
Hybrid cloud and AI are the two next great shifts in the technology landscape, and IBM is positioning itself to play a key role in this swift and seismic transformation. We see the hybrid cloud opportunity at $1 trillion. Most of it is still ahead of us, as less than 25 percent of workloads have moved to public clouds thus far. Meanwhile, the current enterprise deployment rate of AI is only in the single digits.
Our GBS expertise is a key factor in driving consumption and is currently helping hundreds of major clients on their hybrid cloud journeys. Our hybrid cloud approach lets clients connect their back office to their front office, modernize mission-critical workloads, build cloud-native apps, and securely deploy and manage data and applications across various IT environments.
Everywhere you look today, businesses have an acute need for speed to market, flexibility and nimbleness, and continuous innovation. On these, hybrid cloud delivers. In fact, clients find that choosing a hybrid cloud approach is 2.5 times more valuable than relying on public cloud alone.
We are looking for Go-To-Market Senior / Chief Architects experienced in pre-sales, partnering with Sales Leaders in shaping winning large scale hybrid cloud transformation solutions. You will be providing Multi-cloud strategy and application modernization solutions aligned to our clients’ business needs for digital solutions, setting out the roadmap for their journey to the cloud and helping them to define their target operating model and DevSecOps solutions. As a trusted advisor you will enable their transformation to become agile and for them to be an innovative digital business.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience in Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Platform Architecture, defining Cloud Reference Architectures, Cloud Patterns and Target Operating Models
* Consulting – Platform evaluation, approach, roadmap and implementation framework on Cloud Migration, RFI and RFP responses.
* Detailed understanding of transformation with the 5 R’s
* Certified in Red Hat OpenShift (e.g. EX288) and/or other leading hyperscalers
* Feasibility Study – Identify a Business Use case and deploy an end to end solution on the finalised Hybrid Cloud platform
* Experience in architecting cloud projects, Kubernetes, Containerization
* Demonstrates knowledge of other CSP’s – i.e AWS/Azure/GCP platforms.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* Specific Industry knowledge (e.g. Banking, Automotive, Retail, Public, etc.)
* Microservices, Serverless, Cloud-native and programming languages, - Bash, Python, Nodejs, Ruby, Go, Java
* APIs - Rest, GraphQL, Swagger, OpenAPI, RAML
* Analysing and understand business solution - Functional / Non Functional Requirements
* Developing and recommending innovative approaches to reaching project and technical goals
* Identifies key technical risks and develops mitigation and recovery plans
* Awareness of ITIL and/or CMM practices and processes.
* Awareness of Software Defined Storage and Networks (SDS & SDN), AI/ML and Data Analytics
* Awareness of ITSM and ITOP services and integration with clouds. (SNOW)
* Awareness of DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelines and tooling used with various cloud platforms
* Understanding of Networking (Firewalls, Routing, VLAN, Trunking, masks)
* Experience of designing and engineering solutions in a distributed infrastructure environment (Servers, Blade Systems, Storage Area Networks, and Virtualization Technologies)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Some travel may be required based on business demand
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Referral Promo Code