8 days ago
Application closing date
Up to £20,000.00 per annum dependant on experience
Due to expansion we have a number of new posts available for Chemistry Technicians to join our busy Laboratory Team within the Water Quality department. Successful applicants will be based at our Farnborough Laboratory and will report to the Senior Chemistry Analysts.
The key purpose of these new roles will be to assist in preparing the laboratory for analysis by supporting the Chemistry team and Scientific Services.
The successful candidates will also be responsible for the maintenance of records in compliance with the Management System and assist in other analytical tasks within the Chemistry department providing an analytical service to South East Water and commercial customers.
Main responsibilities will include:
· Operating instrumentation in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
· Operate and assist in the maintenance of preparatory equipment.
· Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
· Ensure data is accurately entered into the Laboratory information management system and associated systems.
· Communicate with senior members of staff on any quality issues.
· Maintain good laboratory practice and housekeeping at all times.
· To participate in the auditing of internal practices to ensure compliance to the management system.
· Make significant personal contributions to key logistical tasks in Chemistry.
· Preparation of standards, reagents and AQC’s in accordance with company internal procedures.
· The post holder is required to demonstrate an understanding of the principles and practice of analytical quality control.
· Follow the Health and Safety safe systems of work protocols.
In order to fulfil this role, the successful candidate should:-
Have existing knowledge of good laboratory practice, although training in the use of specialised equipment will be delivered by SEW.
Ideally Technicians should have a minimum academic qualification in an appropriate scientific subject such as A-Level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent, which will, as a minimum, permit them to seek and eventually obtain full membership of the relevant professional body.
Hold good numeracy, literacy, computer literacy skills.
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and the Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.