3 months ago
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day – from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
The team you will be working with is our Investments team to drive our government and utilities clients to make and set up smart innovative solutions to meet the needs of UKs infrastructure today. This can involve working with our Business teams to identify interesting acquisition and joint venture opportunities which can help transform our business to seeking and developing solutions in new markets/sectors. The team has primary responsible for providing all resources to Amey for bidding from a commercial, estimating, work winning, funding, financing and investment management perspective.
What will the role involve?
In this 5 years program sitting as part of our Investments Division, our Pre‐contract Commercial and Estimating Team (PCC&E) provide pre‐contract commercial and estimating support on bidding opportunities across all the Amey Group.
* Assist with the commercial evaluation of tender documentation on specific bids
* Assist and support the estimating process on specific bids.
* Assist with the implementation of pricing strategy
* Assist with the risk management on specific bids
* Participate in tender review processes
* Capture data to support the wider PCC&E team on bid work
* Development of tender metrics from opportunities and lessons learnt workshops
* Support the PCC&E team regarding managing bid pipelines and future planning
* To assist the PCC&E Team in carrying out their normal commercial and pricing duties, in complying with the Amey Values, and in ensuring high success rate in bidding whilst ensuring the business is not exposed to undue commercial risk.
* A minimum of X3 A levels at Grade C or higher ideally in Science and Maths OR Level 3,4 or 5 apprenticeship/BTEC/HND/foundation degree in a related subject (or any other equivalent)
* A minimum of X2 GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C or above
* Communicating Effectively – both in writing and orally
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word is desirable but not essential
* Personal determination and enthusiasm to develop and improve
* Must be flexible and able to work under own initiative when required
* Ability to time‐manage, set priorities and work to deadlines
* Basic computer skills
* Team working
This apprenticeship program will last over the course of 5 years
Your based location is currently Oxford, however is may change to London or Birmingham.
You will be required to attend university at least 1 day per week during term time, universities will be either be in Bristol, Reading or Birmingham depending on your preference and location
Successful apprentices will achieve a Degree in Surveying and full chartered membership of the RICS. The degree will incorporate vocational and academic elements.
Apprentices will be required to attend Business Skills courses Apprentices will be encouraged to apply for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award (DofE)
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.