8 months ago
* Involvement in a project or a small portfolio of buildings and infrastructure projects of various sizes from conception through to completion;
* Leading provision of civil / structural engineering design services on projects, undertaking structural analysis and design;
* Preparation of documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments;
* Having an appreciation of the roles of fellow professionals on multidisciplinary projects and interfacing / coordinating with them appropriately
* Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practices and taking a 'hands on' role in technical matters both at project and divisional level; managing fee budgets, Interpreting commercial and/or contractual aspects of correspondence with or between fellow professionals.
* 5+ years relevant experience
* Degree in Civil Engineering discipline with structural engineering modules, Chartered status with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers;
* Be enthusiastic and ambitious;
* Have a systematic logical approach to problem solving;
* Have good report writing, team working and communication skills;
* Have the ability to work independently, take the initiative, make decisions and work to tight deadlines to meet client needs;
* Be able to liaise confidently with external clients and colleagues across Mott MacDonald.