8 months ago
Job Title : Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Location : London
Category : Cost Management
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1286
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £Highly Competitive
Are you an energetic and driven Quantity Surveyor professional with a real desire to add value and make a difference?
At Ridge, our culture is open and friendly, aligned very much to a ‘people business’ rather than a big global organisation. You will certainly NOT be a small cog in a big machine here! We are proud Ridge people who successfully strive to make a difference.
As a Quantity Surveyor based at our offices in a vibrant part of London, you will work on a wide variety of prestigious and unique projects from large scale projects with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes.
You will work with interesting and an incredibly varied client base including, Healthcare, , Schools/Universities, , new build housing and regeneration, commercial, historic and restoration , local authorities, contractors, developers etc.
* Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
* Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
* Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
* Prepare tendering documents
* Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
* Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi disciplined teams and project delivery
* To be suitable for the role you should be Chartered and experienced in a similar role within a consultancy environment
* You will have an inquisitive nature, analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining your excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations
* Healthcare experience would be a distinct advantage
To be successful in your application for our Quantity Surveyor position you will need to demonstrate a passion for your professionalism and a drive to push your capabilities. It is also essential that you have an outgoing and approachable nature with a strong ‘can do’ attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team offering excellent career progression prospects.
What's in it for you?
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Generous Pension scheme: 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
* 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance
* Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
* Salary sacrifice childcare scheme
* Excellent work / life balance
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 585 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 10th November 2018