4 months ago
Job Title : Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Location : Bristol
Category : Cost Management
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1248
Chartered Quantity Surveyor
Are you an energetic and driven Chartered Quantity Surveyor professional with a real desire to add value and make a difference?
At Ridge, our culture is open and friendly, aligned very much to a ‘people business’ rather than a big global organisation. You will certainly NOT be a small cog in a big machine here! We are proud Ridge people who successfully strive to make a difference.
The Bristol office is a great place to work with a fantastic team and excellent opportunities for growth.
As a Quantity Surveyor based at our offices in Bristol you will work on a wide variety of prestigious and unique projects with our interesting and an incredibly diverse client base including, large commercial developments, Public and Private Schools, Universities, Private Residential, Healthcare, Local Authorities, Contractors etc.
* Engage with Clients and the design team throughout the project lifecycle to advise and manage the construction process and cost.
* Establish budgets and provide cost advice.
* Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
* Advise the Design Team on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project to ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan allowance and the overall project remains within budget
* Prepare tendering documents, manage and evaluate tenders including any Value Engineering
* Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
* Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
* Manage, mentor and delegate work to junior members of the team
* Responsible for internal commercial management of projects
* You will have an inquisitive nature, analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining your excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations
* Preferably MRICS Chartered but will consider experience as well
To be successful in your application for our Quantity Surveyor position you will need to demonstrate a passion for your professionalism and a drive to push your capabilities. It is also essential that you have an outgoing and approachable nature with a strong ‘can do’ attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team offering excellent career progression prospects.
What's in it for you?
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Generous Pension scheme: 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
* 25 days holiday
* Company car or car allowance
* Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
* Salary sacrifice childcare scheme
* Excellent work / life balance
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 580 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 15th September 2018