9 months ago
Chartered Civil Engineer (Associate grade), Bristol or Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an experienced civil engineer (preferably chartered) to support engineering projects based in the South-West – working closely with our engineering team located in our Bradford on Avon office.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage civil and environmental engineering projects from feasibility through the design, tender and construction phases to final handover. Typical current projects include requirements for the design and construction of commercial buildings, roads, drainage and general infrastructure.
The role requires a working knowledge of engineering design (reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design), programme management, engineering contracts (ICE7th, NEC3, FIDIC), together with experience of the tender process and management of construction projects.
As well as playing a key role in a range of civil and environmental engineering projects throughout the south-west, you will have the opportunity to manage staff, projects and develop client relationships. The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, multidisciplinary consultancy with an established environmental engineering presence in the UK. SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our “one team” culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance (Senior grade and above); private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
Applications are sought from candidates who can demonstrate a strong background in Civil Engineering consultancy, ideally with expertise in managing engineering projects in a commercial consultancy environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will involve:
• Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on engineering projects such as general infrastructure throughout the south-west and across the UK;
• High level report writing and technical review of work;
• Supervision / mentoring of engineering staff;
• Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
• Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the civil & structural engineering services and capabilities.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Chartered (or working towards) Civil Engineer with demonstrable consultancy/commercial experience inc project/team/budget management
• General understanding of Civil engineering principles and working engineering design knowledge; along with strong numerical skills
• Strong BD capabilities and able to identify and pursue markets and opportunities to help lead growth/expansion
• Minimum 2:1 or higher Bachelors degree and relevant MSc
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
To apply, please use the online application form linked below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.