about 1 year ago
Job Title : Chartered Building Surveyor
Location : Winchester
Category : Building Surveying
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable
Reference # : RG1668
Chartered Building Surveyor
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
We work with a wide range of clients to manage their property portfolios, projects and transactions and due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Building Surveyor to join our team in Winchester.
You will be responsible for providing advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property.
* Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
* Carry out building and measured surveys
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
* Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
* Supervision of building work on site
* MRICS Chartered
* Commercially focused
* Experience running housing association projects would be highly desirable
The role will require you to be the key point of contact with our prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
You will be of an analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
•25 days holiday and study leave
•Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
•Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
Closing Date : 7th September 2019