11 months ago
Job Title : Chartered Building Surveyor
Location : Liverpool
Category : Building Surveying
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable - Depending on Experience
Reference # : RG1424
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
We work with a wide range of clients to manage their property portfolios, projects and transactions and due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Building Surveyor to join our team in the heart of Liverpool.
You will be responsible for providing advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property.
* Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
* Carry out building and measured surveys
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
* Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants, conducting arbitrations and acting as an expert witness
* Supervision of building work on site
The role will require you to be the key point of contact with our prestigious clients, therefore a high level of communication skills and commercial awareness are essential for being successful in this role.
You will be of an analytical mind and high level of intellect - combining excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations.
A career in the Property Consultancy team at Ridge will offer you a high level of intellectual challenges and the opportunity to grow and progress in a hugely growing and extremely exciting sector.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday and study leave
* Company car or car allowance
* Private Healthcare
* Life Assurance
* Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
Closing Date : 25th November 2018