about 1 month ago
About the role
The Finance function within Tesco has established a Finance Change Centre of Excellence (CoE); a team that manages, drives and enables change within Finance whilst ensuring it is aligned with the Finance-wide strategy and vision.
The CoE is responsible for a diverse portfolio of projects and programmes that impact colleagues across the Tesco organisation at all levels. Recognising that change management is a critical part of any project, the CoE is building a change team and capability.
The CoE is therefore looking for change managers with experience of and a passion for delivering change, and who are open to new innovative approaches to change management.
* To successfully manage the people change for projects from planning through to implementation, ensuring programme / project benefits are realised and the change is sustained.
* The candidate will be part of a small but growing change team (~3 people) within a wider Centre of Excellence team (~10) and will be expected to work on a broad range of projects that will touch all areas of the organisation, from senior leaders to colleagues “on the ground”.
* As well as change delivery, the candidate will have an opportunity to be involved in maturing the Change capability, shaping change management approaches and methods delivered by the CoE.
* This role will balance exceptional delivery for internal customers on what matters, engaging teams and colleagues, with the needs of the business.
You will be responsible for
Change Analysis, Planning and Tracking:
Create, maintain, and execute change management plans on assigned projects, in alignment with the Finance Change CoE Toolkit, to drive behavioural change and embed new business processes. Facilitate change impact assessments; identify and manage people change RAID considerations; monitor the success of change plans and adapt accordingly. Ensure that Training, Knowledge, Communication and Process ownership are coordinated across the project/programme.
Leadership Alignment: Guide leaders and sponsors to establish and maintain the commitment for the change.
Able to identify, manage and communicate effectively with a diverse group of partners (e.g., senior leaders, managers, SMEs) throughout the project lifecycle to develop change strategies, assess readiness for change, anticipate and remove blockers, and prepare affective business areas for the transition to new ways of working. Able to show empathy, listen actively and express ideas and facts in a clear and confident manner both verbally and non-verbally. This includes reporting, presentation skills, meeting management and facilitation.
Work with Internal Communications to ensure relevant programme change communications and materials are designed and produced in a timely manner, aligned to broader comms messages. Harness different comms/engagement levers; innovative approaches are encouraged.
CoE mobilisation: help build out tools, templates and approaches for the CoE; assimilate artefacts and lessons from projects into CoE methodologies. Be a ‘change agent’ for the CoE: support the use of Change Management best practices, procedures and methodology in Finance projects.
You will need
* Experience in defining change and engagement strategies within a large organisation.
* Experience of: conducting impact/readiness assessments, stakeholder mapping, drafting a communications plan and change sustainability considerations (amongst other things).
* Experience in crafting and delivering change management and behavioural change initiatives to embed new ways of working across broad groups of partners.
* Personable, relatable character able to build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
* Good MS Office skills.
* A Change Management qualification such as Prosci or APMG
* Understanding of a Project Management environment
* Working as part of a Projects & Change CoE or as a Change consultant.
* Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
* Skills and passion for coaching – teams and individuals.
* Great sense of humour and appreciation for hearing and telling great stories.
* Background in either Finance or Technology.
* Background in the retail sector.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
* On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
* Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
* Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
* Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
* Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
* Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.