22 days ago
Change & Configuration Manager
Change & Configuration Manager, Hinkley Point C, Permanent, Competitive Salary & Benefits
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
The Joint Design Office (JDO) was created by EDF to reinforce Hinkley Point C’s (HPC) site-based engineering capability to allow for a quicker response to on site engineering queries and problems. Among its main aims, The JDO is committed to managing the changes to Civil, Mechanical and Electrical design during construction according to safety, quality, schedule and cost.
Created with EDF’s new nuclear engineering division (DIPNN UK) and Edvance UK, a primary benefit of this organisation is to save time on construction by having on-site reactive answers and solutions, allowing construction teams to continue their activities with minimal delay. The JDO also protects Responsible Designer teams, in France, and allows them time to focus on core engineering design.
The requirement is for a Change & Configuration Manager to join the team on a permanent basis, with the opportunity to play a key part in the ongoing construction of HPC.
You will be have the following accountabilities:
• Guaranteeing the completeness and consistency of the HPC site change and configuration processes in coordination with the JDO Design Entities
• Ensuring the resolution of Open Points and the management of changes initiated and/or treated by JDO internal groups
• Setting up the change management boards and preparing their content (agenda, topics, presentation)
• Supporting the discipline leaders and area managers to gather all the requested information regarding a change of design
• Ensure that appropriate coordination is in place for changes impacting several disciplines within JDO or impacting part of the design outside of JDO scope
• Guarantee that processes ensuring documentation consistency status are in place and adapted according to the evolution of the scope, the organization and the responsibilities
• Ensure that a day-to-day status of applicable list of documents for procurement / construction / commissioning, updated according to site changes validated, implemented in the design, transferred to procurement / construction / commissioning groups and implemented on site
• Support the HPC configuration management strategy from definition until implementation in coordination with the Design Entities, the programmes and Plant Integration (PI)
• Ensure that the End to End Configuration Management processes are properly applied and cascaded within JDO, in coordination with PI configuration team
• Provide line management for Change and Configuration Engineers
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Change and configuration management experience within Nuclear Civils/Nuclear MEP, or from another highly regulated hazardous industry such as aviation, oil & gas, etc
• Demonstratable knowledge of change and configuration management theories and processes
• Knowledge of project management theories and processes (certification is appreciated)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong stakeholder management ability, with a collaborative approach
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are guiding the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.