10 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We have an exciting opportunity in Cambridge, UK for a University student to work within our Central Engineering Quality and Project Operations team. The role has close involvement with both Engineering and Project Management teams, with potential for the successful candidate to help shape their placement according to their interests, goals and expertise. The role will support the central alignment and implementation of project management methodology, tools, and best practice across Central Engineering and contribute to ongoing improvement initiatives.
There’s plenty to do and learn for a resourceful, inquisitive student, with exposure to leading Arm IP projects, engineering practices and embedding change. You will gain experience of cross site working with geographically dispersed teams and can also expect to become familiar with Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence), O365 and conferencing tools whilst developing your ability to manage work across time zones, creating your own Arm network and building relationships.
This role covers a wide range of duties spanning classic project and operations management assignments, as well as an introduction to quality and engineering activities.
The following are typical activities:
* Maintain online team areas to ensure relevant and accurate data is available and easily accessible.
* Create/gather project status metrics and reports and identify trends and gaps in compliance.
* Contribute to the development of information standards, policies and guidelines in conjunction with information owners to increase efficiency within Central Engineering.
* Create and update process documents to reflect current and future ways of working.
* Gather/update information for resource planning for project and risk management purposes.
* Support project teams to define and implement new project/team workflows and checklists to support efficient and consistent delivery processes.
* Contribute to various meetings and regularly communicate with stakeholders at a variety of levels.
The position is usually filled by students following a Business Studies or Computing related degree who want a career in a leading software or hardware organisation. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is a strong team player, fast learner and confident communicator. Training and full support will be provided throughout the duration of the placement.
* Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Other O365 tools would be beneficial but not essential.
* Ability and willingness to learn how to use unfamiliar tools and systems.
* Critical analytical thinking.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work independently and use initiative when required.
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
* Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
* Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
* Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
* Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
* Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
* Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
* Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
* Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
* Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
* Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
* Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
* Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
Arm® technology is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. Engineering work at ARM designs scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
With offices around the world, ARM offers jobs to a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, ARM encourages people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road