4 months ago
So why do you get out of bed in the morning?
Whilst you’re thinking, grab a cup of tea and we’ll tell you why some of our employees do:
“To work with fantastic people” “To feel challenged and have fun” “To feel proud of what I’ve achieved”.
Sounds good doesn’t it?
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Cement Plant Manager to join our team in Aberthaw at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
* BA/BEng in engineering, sciences or business preferred, MBA a plus.
* Must understand engineering and business principles.
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office and Google applications.
* Experience at operating at a senior management level and cement industry experience is essential.
* Technical knowledge of cement chemistry and manufacturing, quarry operations, and raw materials and maintenance management.
* Solid basic technical knowledge in all fundamental aspects of cement manufacturing.
* Knowledge of ISO Standards and certification process (eg quality, operations, maintenance, environmental, quarry operations, cement chemistry).
* Financial management and budget control.
Reporting directly to Head of Industrial, you will responsible for providing leadership, guidance and direction for plant operations (including Packing Plant Operations) and ensuring sustainable performance aligned with Tarmac Cement & Lime objectives, values and behaviours, while delivering on Business commitments.
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety. Therefore, all new starters in operational roles will be invited to attend a 2 day corporate induction at The National Skills and Safety Park in Whitwell.
In addition, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
Company car or car allowance –
25 days holiday
Holiday purchase scheme
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.