13 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
* To support the CEFA Operations Team for a specified programme area in the efficient and effective provision of programme delivery to support the delivery of the CEFA project.
What does this role involve?
* Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes and Safety Responsibility Statement
* Undertake the role of Deputy CRE (Operations) (where required and appropriate)
* Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is prepared and in place at all times
* Lead the creation, development and enhancement of the baseline programme through the Planning Robustness process
* Ensure that the programming and planning of the examination of structures is done in accordance with project requirements, updating the Route Manager (Exams) with route progress information as required
* Work closely with the Resource Manager(s) to ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources
* Work closely with the Planning Team to ensure that all SSOW documentation, track access and safety critical resource requirements are in place to deliver the programme
* Ensure that all work is planned to satisfy the requirements of the Contract KPI’s
* Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Network Rail, in order that their programme requirements are fully understood and implemented
* Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders on project progress, conducting regular programme reviews with the delivery team
* Advise the Route Manager (Exams) on the procurement of suppliers and sub-contractors where required to support and enhance the core team delivery
* Determine requirements for non-rail access, plant and equipment necessary to undertake the examinations, then procure with support from the commercial team
* Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate
* Manage all exam dependencies, ensuring that any issues are flagged and dealt with or escalated at the earliest opportunity
* Ensure that all physical works and enabling requirements are notified to Network Rail in a timely manner and then co-ordinated as appropriate, in line with the programme
* Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail
* Support and advise the Route Manager (Exams) and the Route Commercial Manager on workbank change
What does this role require?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Strong inter-personal, communication and organisational skills.
* Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision
* Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
* Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
* Knowledge and understanding of track access planning processes and systems for delivering structural examinations on the rail infrastructure
* Have project experience in the rail industry, ideally planning operations on-site in a live environment
* Have proven ability to work in a team environment with a dedicated approach to project deadlines
* ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an individual basis).
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Have a high level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, and in particular MS Excel
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Customer Relationship Management
* Commercial Awareness
* Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
* Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
* Rail safety critical competence (IWA, COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
* SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work
* HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Building
* STE 4 competent
* Be working towards, or have obtained a relevant professional qualification such as MAPM, MICE etc