6 months ago
Purpose of Role
The position is to cover construction projects principally in London and the Southern area of England. This will involve travelling to meet Clients, act as CDM Advisor for both Client and Principal Designer roles and provide Health & Safety consultancy services on multiple projects within their designated area. There will also be a requirement to cover work in adjacent areas at the discretion of the Area Manager.
In addition the candidate will deliver Training to inlcude Construction Certificate and NEBOSH General Certificate.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* a thorough knowledge of the CDM Regulations and other related health, safety and environmental legislation
* Accredited Training Qualification
* Have a working knowledge of the construction and other related industries.
* Good written, verbal and IT communication skills
* Can demonstrate excellent soft facilitation and influencing skills
* be confident in providing / giving training and presentations in a client facing environment
* be confident in working with all levels of senior management, staff, our clients, external designers and contractors.
* commercial awareness, have an understanding of the relationship of fees to the delivery of the services
* be self-motivated / self directing and be able to work and contribute within a team environment
* Role will include travel throughout designated region with occasional overnight stays in other regions
* Previous demonstrable experience as a Health & Safety Manager / Advisor / Competent Person within an organisation or for a Client essential
* A sound understanding of organisation management systems, including BS/EN/ISO SHEQ Accredited.
Skills & Qualifications
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate and NEBOSH General Certificate required or preferably diploma or higher qualification
* Minimum professional memberships - IOSH (minimum TechIOSH) and APS
* Membership of other construction professional bodies, preferably with CPD requirements, is an advantage
* Training qualification, PTLLS, AET is essential
* BS Internal or Lead Auditor qualifications advantageous
* Design or Construction Management qualification desirable
* Full driving license
TPS are leading design engineering and project management consultants. Based in Croydon, they focus on high value, high profile, international projects.
TPS engineers are solving a wide range of challenges for the aviation industry, from ground stabilisation and airfield design, to specialist airport security, access systems and counter terrorism, airfield ground lighting and fuelling systems. We're designing and building both commercially successful civil airports and military airfields.
TPS provide comprehensive integrated services to a wide client base including government, local authority and private sector businesses and are uniquely placed to add value to clients' needs by drawing on our reservoir of resources in a fully integrated manner.
TPS has a proven track record of meeting the toughest challenge and finding cost-effective solutions to complex technical problems throughout the project life cycle, backed by quality, health and safety, and environmental management system certification.