6 months ago
Title : Category Manager
Requisition ID :2018-30425
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Procurement / Supply Chain
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently sourcing a Category Manager to join our team in either Aberdeen / Newcastle or London. The Category Manager will be working as part of a newly created team with a remit spanning Asset Solutions East regions. This is mid management level role within the Company with responsibility for an annual spend of circa $200M per annum across a diverse range of commodities (direct/indirect spends) and geographically dispersed Projects and Operational teams. The role will be pivotal to success of a fully integrated support function, (including all legacy businesses) by driving synergies, standardisation and leveraging value as ‘One Wood Group’ supply chain. As such we are looking for a dynamic, innovative, professional who can develop global category strategies whilst autonomously managing key suppliers to drive value engineering, innovation and ultimately leverage Wood Group buying power.
This new role and will require a strategic supply chain expert with significant category management experience ideally gained from a similar sized matrix organisation. The ability to develop teams and individuals within a category management framework, whilst leading cross functional/cross business relationships and implementing innovative commercial models that deliver significant net tangible value to the business. It is envisaged that there will be a significant requirement to travel (international) and as such a flexible approach to work and base location is essential.
Key aspects of the role include being responsible for adding value / generating net savings through leveraging business wide spend, identifying efficiencies, driving out waste and reducing costs from within the supply chain, implementing and driving category management plans, driving innovation through strategic partnerships, effective executive Supplier Relationship Management, reduction and rationalisation of suppliers, market and supplier intelligence to help inform management decisions. The individual will sit as part of the East Category Supply Chain team and support wider Supply Chain strategy and delivery in areas of Deployed Procurement and Business Improvement initiatives.
Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times
* Act as a Core Value role model and champion embedding the Financial Management Framework across the business
* Act as an agent of change in developing and implementing Supply Chain Category Management across Wood Group East Business – responsible for embedding category management principles and techniques that deliver tangible and sustainable net savings and value add – circa $5m p.a.
* Support tendering activities and development of specific supply chains strategies to support business growth and cost drivers
* Formation and development of category management team including coaching and mentoring of existing staff and potential recruitment of new personnel to ensure department upskilled
* Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively.
* Manage and provide direction in resolution of key SCM risk and compliance issues
* Support the integration of legacy Mustang, Kenny’s and WGIS Supply Chain to ensure consistency of services, leverage of broader spend and ultimately drive One Wood Group Supply Chain
* Implementation of effective Supplier Relationship Management that supports driving cost and efficiency, driving value engineering and innovation and developing market intelligence that supports business decision making including acquisitions
* Managing the full category process for Direct/Indirect categories
* International procurement, working and/or living abroad
* Working closely with Deployed Procurement managers to develop effective procurement strategies to deliver outstanding savings and value to the wider business, leveraging on global economies of scale
* Managing key suppliers to develop commercially successful, long-term contracts which effectively mitigate risk to the business
* Identifying opportunities within the Indirect Categories for Procurement to add value through cost savings or improvement of quality and service
* Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings and performance improvement
* Motivation and development of teams and individuals
* Dispute and claim resolution
* Supplier Relationship Management including building relationships at CEO and director level
* Process improvement
* Experience in audit and assurance
* Leading complex tender activities through to completion
* Negotiation of multimillion contracts
* Mobilisation of cross border / global agreements
* Outstanding stakeholder engagement(including CEO / SVP / Director level)Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
* Strategic thinker contributing to the management and improvement of the overall function.
* Planning and organisational skills.
* Enthusiastic proactive attitude providing inspiring leadership.
* Well-developed commercial and business acumen
* Flexibility to travel frequently (global)
Skills / Qualifications
* Undergraduate degree (2:1 minimum or equivalent) in a business related discipline, ideally supply chain or procurement. CIPS qualified.
Job specific experience:
* Minimum 7 years’ SC experience in a Category focused role demonstrating results and career progression. Industry and Global procurement experience
* Category management
* Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
* Logic form of Subcontract
* ERP systems
* Supply Chain Principles and techniques
* Supplier Relationship Management
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.