9 months ago
Title : Category Buyer
Requisition ID :2018-30427
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Procurement / Supply Chain
Position Type : Fixed Term
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Category Buyer on a 6 month fixed term contract basis to based in Aberdeen working as part of a newly created team with a remit spanning ALCS East regions. This is an important role within the Company with responsibility for an annual spend of circa $50M per annum. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and motivated individual who can develop category strategies whilst autonomously managing key suppliers to drive value engineering, innovation and ultimately leverage Wood buying power.
This new role and will require a supply chain expert with category management experience ideally gained from a similar sized matrix organisation. This role will be focused on Category experience in indirect spend, having the ability to lead cross functional/business relationships and implement innovative commercial models that deliver significant net tangible value to the business is imperative. It is envisaged that there will be a frequent requirement to travel (international) and as such a flexible approach to work and base location is preferred.
Key aspects of the role include being responsible for adding value / generating net savings through leveraging business wide spend, identifying efficiencies, driving out waste and reducing costs from within the supply chain, implementing and driving category management plans, driving innovation through strategic partnerships, effective executive Supplier Relationship Management, reduction and rationalisation of suppliers, market and supplier intelligence to help inform management decisions. The individual will sit as part of the East Category Supply Chain team and support wider Supply Chain strategy and delivery in areas of Deployed Procurement and Business Improvement initiatives.
Skills / Qualifications
* Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety compliance
* Demonstrate Wood Core Value’s and adhere to the Financial Management Framework across the business
* Support in developing and implementing Supply Chain Category Management across Wood East Business – responsible for embedding category management principles and techniques that deliver tangible and sustainable net savings and value add – circa $2m p.a.
* Support tendering activities and development of specific supply chain strategies to support business growth and cost drivers
* Provide assistance in resolution of key SCM risk and compliance issues
* Support the integration of legacy Mustang, Kenny’s and WGIS Supply Chain to ensure consistency of services, leverage of broader spend and ultimately drive One Wood Supply Chain
* Implementation of effective Supplier Relationship Management that supports driving cost and efficiency, driving value engineering and innovation and developing market intelligence that supports business decisionmaking including acquisitions.
· Undergraduate degree (2:1 minimum or equivalent) in a business related
discipline, ideally supply chain or procurement. Working towards or CIPS qual.
Job specific experience:
· Minimum 2 years’ SC experience in a Category focused role
· Knowledge of:
· Category management
· Strategic Sourcing
· Supply Chain Principles and Techniques
· International procurement, working and/or living abroad
· Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings
and performance improvement
· Dispute and claim resolution
· Supplier Relationship Management including building relationships
· Process improvement
· Leading complex tender activities through to completion
· Negotiation of multimillion contracts
· Mobilisation of cross border / global agreements desirable
· Personal Attributes:
· Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
· Strategic thinker contributing to the management of the function
· Planning and organisational skills.
· Enthusiastic proactive attitude
· Well-developed commercial and business acumen
· Flexibility to travel frequently (global)
· Work as part of a team
· Develop strategy and plans and drive to successful conclusion
· Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successful
· Develop effective and sustainable category strategies
· Spend Analysis and decision making
· Negotiate global agreements
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.