17 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
HMP Leeds - Stanningley road, Armley, Leeds LS12 2TJ
Fixed term for 6 months initially
This includes working 1 in 3 weekends on a rota basis for which we pay a 15% shift allowance and being part of an on call rota.
What will this role involve?
* Carry out joinery work to include repairing of doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items.
* Measure and quote for works.
* Order materials.
* Maintain stock of Building Maintenance material.
* Organise and plan your daily work with the supervisor, to record and submit all details of work carried out on relevant works orders.
* Responsible for joinery workshop - maintenance of machines, statutory inspections, housekeeping and cleanliness.
* Participate in the Service’s out of hours emergency standby rota when the need arises.
* Complete statutory records as required.
* Provide technical advice where required.
* Carry out any other duties as requested.
* Act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations.
What are we looking for?
* Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required.
* Level 3 in Joinery & Carpentry.
* Able to act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations.
* An awareness the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the duties which it places on an employee.
* Emergence first aid at work (HSE).
* Environmental awareness.
* Tool Box talk.
* IOSH working safely.
* Manual tool handling.
* Ladder use.
What makes this role unique?
To carry out joinery work across the entire prison site to include fixing doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items. This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful and growing business.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.