13 days ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
PART-TIME 16 hours
What will this role involve?
* Carry out joinery work to include repairing of doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items.
* Measure and quote for works.
* Order materials.
* Maintain stock of Building Maintenance material.
* Organise and plan your daily work with the supervisor, to record and submit all details of work carried out on relevant works orders.
* Responsible for joinery workshop - maintenance of machines, statutory inspections, housekeeping and cleanliness.
* Participate in the Service’s out of hours emergency standby rota when the need arises.
* Complete statutory records as required.
* Provide technical advice where required.
* Carry out any other duties as requested.
* Act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations.
What are we looking for?
* Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview.
* Level 3 in Joinery & Carpentry - full Trade Certificates required
* Able to act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations.
* An awareness the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the duties which it places on an employee.
* Emergence first aid at work (HSE).
* Environmental awareness.
* Tool Box talk.
* IOSH working safely.
* Manual tool handling.
* Ladder use.
What makes this role unique?
To carry out joinery work across the entire prison site to include fixing doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items. This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful and growing business.