3 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Who We Are:
QinetiQ is a market leading FTSE250 science and technology company which comprises of dedicated teams who are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving.
Working at QinetiQ is a unique opportunity in today’s marketplace - many of the projects you will work on are of national importance. Everything we do is focused on defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers who include major UK OEM’s and Government Departments.
Our determination to deliver and improve today, and anticipate and shape tomorrow’s world, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
QinetiQ is currently transforming its business by investing in a world class business winning capability to deliver significant growth across the Group. This investment is targeted at growing QinetiQ and aims to ensure that we have the leadership in place that can deliver the winning solutions that our customers need. To facilitate this, we are augmenting our existing talent with dedicated, high calibre business winning experts. Reporting to the Campaign Leader for Cyber and Critical National Infrastructure (CNI), we are looking for strategic and innovative business development professionals with a proven ability to deliver a portfolio of new contracts with a value greater than £10M.
• Secure >£10M of business each year with agreed cash-flow and revenue profiles.
• Develop opportunities across a portfolio of customers consistent with QinetiQ strategy
• Reporting to a Senior Campaign Manager, drive a structured and improved approach to forecasting, planning and securing business across QinetiQ Group in the UK in line with the business strategy.
• Develop and maintain a clearly defined intent and scope for pivotal captures that lead directly to campaign success. Working with the assigned Senior Campaign Manager to review and set challenging campaign objectives and ensure the mandate is appropriate for the operation of a high performing team.
• Develop appropriate partnerships across customer and industry communities.
• Establish investment cases to secure business and build capability in the context of company overall strategy
• Develop and achieve approval from the Business Development Leadership Team for your strategy including associated Business Development investments.
• Build and maintain relationships at a senior management level, and provide support and insight to the Campaign to drive the long term capture outcomes, in-year orders and order intake pipeline growth.
• Demonstrate timely and successful delivery through strong leadership of a virtual team.
• Deliver the current year order intake and order intake pipeline in accordance with the expectations stated in the campaign objectives; focus on both short and long term objectives, building sustainable revenue and profit.
Essential Skills Required:
• Commercial experience in at least one of the following: Cyber, IT, Telcomms or security capability areas.
• Experience working with UK Government and specifically with MOD.
• Proven ability to develop capture plans that lead directly to campaign success.
• Experience of working with and in teams that execute strategic capture plans that meet stretching in-year targets and achieve long-term growth.
• Experience working in cyber / cyber security and ideally wider security capabilities
• Ability to develop, drive and deliver complex bids.
• Strong Interpersonal skills to quickly form relationships and get to the heart of customer requirements.
• Demonstrable track record of developing capture strategies, managing and closing a portfolio pipeline worth in excess of £10m per year over a 3-5 year period
• Skilled at developing effective revenue pipelines and strategies to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
• Exposure to working within a matrix environment
• Strong commercial focus and acumen underpinned by broad, innovative and strategic thinking
• Expert at building relationships both internally and externally
• Driving license and ability/flexibility to travel UK wide
• Degree educated (ideally Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) or equivalent commercial experience
• Passion for innovation, science and technology
• Ability to gain Security Clearance
• A background within the research, defence, aerospace, technology or Information security markets is desirable, although highly credible candidates from other sectors are encouraged.
• Existing security clearance
• Experience working with international customers
Flexible, we could accommodate candidates in the Midlands, South, South East & South West England
What we offer:
• Car allowance
• Excellent bonus/OTE
• 25 days holiday plus facility to buy additional 5 days
• Market leading pension - up to 10.5 % company contribution
• Flexible working
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Share Incentive Scheme
• Lump sum death in service benefit
• Flexible/bespoke benefits package (PMI, dental cover, personal accident cover, annual travel pass, restaurant and shopping discounts, childcare vouchers plus more)
• On site gym/squash courts (site dependent)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to further their career with a world leading FTSE250 scientific and technological organisation. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today!