24 days ago
UK - Royston
Efficient Natural Resources
Vacancy: Calibration Technician - Weighing Technology
Job family: Engineering.
Johnson Matthey currently have an opportunity for a Calibration Technician to join their team in Royston.
The purpose of this role is to perform tasks necessary to ensure safe, compliant and efficient operation of weighing equipment and peripherals supporting operations at Royston and at other JM sites when required. Majority of time will be spent on tasks including repairs and calibration. It will also include project work and assisting in additional duties where priorities require.
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
· Provide a skilled execution of planned, reactive & corrective maintenance activities to ensure the ongoing reliability of weighing equipment and peripherals across the plant.
· Deliver effective problem solving and fault diagnosis skills, adhering to identified work priorities to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs.
· Undertakes occasional plant modification work to help enhance plant safety and improve efficiency.
· Conduct testing, calibration, adjustment and monitoring tasks as required to maintain efficient plant and build-in equipment reliability.
· Responsible for ordering spares as required for work tasks and/or to maintain critical stock levels.
· Cooperate and collaborate with other team members to continually drive our proactive programme; participate in failure investigations and identify reliability issues.
· Provide support and offer advice on the correct selection of equipment.
· Carry out tasks in accordance with the requirements of the Weighing Technology ISO 17025:2017 Quality Manual.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
· Previous experience within a maintenance team carrying out calibration activities in a mechanical or electrical field
· Experience in a large-scale manufacturing/chemical industry would be desirable
· Experience with a computerised maintenance management system would be desirable
· A team-player will to support other disciplines
· Able to build and maintain positive working relationships
· Organised, self-disciplined and able to meet deadlines
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least three months
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
For guidance and tools on CV writing and interview preparation please click here; -******
Closing date for applications: 29th November 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.