2 months ago
We are seeking a CAD Draughtsperson to join our Land and Mineral Resources team based in Wetherby, West Yorkshire. Your role will be to provide drawing office services for our multi-disciplinary team dealing with land, quarry operations, property and planning matters across the North of the UK. The varied workload will include plan preparation for land and mineral planning applications/ environmental statements, quarry working/restoration schemes, topographic surveys and land/mineral transaction documentation, working alongside a friendly and supportive team. You will have at least 2 years experience in an AutoCAD-based cartographic drawing office. Excellent IT skills are essential and familiarity with GIS, LSS, QGIS, CorelDraw, Photoshop/Illustrator and similar graphics packages would be an advantage. You will have an artistic flair for presentation, a positive, flexible attitude, good communication skills and a commitment to detailed, accurate working. We offer a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a major company.
Description of Team / Department
The Land and Mineral Resources Department (LMR) provides services across all of the Hanson UK business divisions. Working in regional teams, the LMR staff comprises planning and estates surveyors, resource geologists, geotechnical specialists, marine resource and licensing specialists, landscape architects, land surveyors, graphics and administrative support staff.
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
To provide a high quality draughting service to the LMR department using AutoCad and other industry standard software packages
Skills / Experience
* City and Guilds qualification in AutoCAD or equivalent and/or minimum two years experience in an AutoCAD based cartographic drawing office
* Excellent IT Skills
* Artistic flare for presentation
* Familiarity with 3D software packages and GIS an advantage.
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 40.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: Monday to Friday
Company Vehicle: none