5 months ago
Job number: BBV00547
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join our Structures team to work in Birmingham. You will be joining a highly experienced team on the UKs most prestigious infrastructure project, where you will be working on a range of high value structures packages.
Responsible for the production of engineering drawings and associated schedules.
What you'll be doing
* Ability to read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification;
* Preparation of drawings from Engineers sketches, using CAD software;
* Interrogation of others CAD and BIM models;
* Production of schedules, e.g. concrete reinforcement;
* Take-off of quantities;
* Understand what BIM is.
* The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed
* Hazard Identification and contribution to development of SSoW.
* Maintaining accurate records drawing registers, schedules, specifications and take-off;
* Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation.
* Works to Weekly Programme drafted by others - and marks up progress achieved weekly;
* Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference.
* Production of accurate take-off of quantities;
* Understands weekly measure. Take offs and schedules materials accurately.
Who we're looking for
* Reads and understands drawings and schedules.
* Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents.
* Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works.
* Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately.
* Knowledge of specification and contract documents.
* You must have experience of Bentley and Autocad.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.