8 months ago
Job number: UK14016
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technician to join our Ground Engineering team to work in Derby.
* To undertake accurate and precise construction drawings using 2D and 3D software for both pre construction and operations, to allow the Ground Engineering business to demonstrate to customers our technical/engineering ability as well as allowing the Ground Engineering business to deliver projects more efficiently and profitably. To assist the design team with design work activities.
What you'll be doing
As,CAD Technician, you will be responsible for the following:-
* Carrying out 2D and 3D drawings to meet the needs of the business that includes:
* Managing requests in a structured manner;
* Ensuring drawings are dimensionally correct;
* Ensuring drawings are technically robust and are buildable;
* Ensuring all risks identified are communicated effectively to the operations or work winning teams;
* Liaising with individuals within the Ground Engineering business to ensure the best solutions are produced;
* Ensuring all CAD work is carried out in compliance with the written standards and procedures and the that all drawings are saved using the Ground Engineering control systems.
* Ensuring the CAD procedure is followed and enforced;
* Work with the design teams to develop design solutions.
* Adapt to clients drawing/document management protocols
* Use BIM tools to review and present engineering solutions
* Encourage and support other employees to use drawing/BIM tools
* Ensure that drawings/animation are produced at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards
* Build relationships with customers to ensure that there is a clear understanding of their requirements
* Ensure compliance with the CSUK BMS.
* Live the Balfour Beatty Value
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
* Experience in producing drawings in AutoCAD or Revit;
* Keen to learn and develop CAD skills and experience;
* Willingness to work in an office environment using computer based programmes.
* Willingness to learn design principles to help develop design solutions
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists