10 months ago
CAD Technician vacancy. Featured is a picture of an SCS Group member of staff using a computer
SCS Group is looking for a CAD Technician. Could you be part of our team?
Outline of role
We are looking for an experienced CAD Technician who can produce accurate engineering drawings compliant with project specification and the latest building standards.
You will report to our CAD/BIM Manager, with drawings to include electrical schematics, equipment layouts and mechanical details. You will be involved from tender through to handover, and in doing so will meet the Company’s objectives in relation to service, profitability and the development of relationships with clients and trading partners.
The role will be primarily 2D AutoCAD however experience of 3D modelling and BIM would be desirable. The candidate will be expected to complete the relevant document history in line with SCS Group quality procedures and processes.
* Review tender documents, extract available information and develop schedule of information required for drawing purposes
* Coordinate services in 2D designs and use to produce technical drawings for installation and pre-fabrication
* Liaise with the client to respond to any queries
* Liaise with construction team to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date
* Ensure CAD Manager and the Project Manager are kept up-to-date on progress of drawings
About you – what you will bring to us
* Minimum 2 years’ AutoCAD experience
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar multi-discipline role within building services
* Experience in delivering a mixture of developments ranging from multi-storey residential properties to commercial offices and car parks
* A methodical and organised approach with the ability to self-manage work load and act off own initiative
* A City & Guilds qualification or the equivalent experience with the use of Autodesk drawing packages
* Experience in the Construction or Building Services industry
* Experience with online document control sites such as 4Projects
* An understanding of 3D modelling and BIM
* Experience with Microsoft Office programs
* An up-to-date CSCS card and previous experience on live building sites would be advantageous, although not essential
What we offer
We know that if our employees are happy, our customers are happy. That’s why we offer a great benefits package. Our reward and benefits package includes:
* Performance-related bonus
* 24 days’ holiday, increasing to 25 after 5 years’ service and further increases linked to length of service
* Group pension plan with employer contributions
After qualifying period of 1 year:
* Free gym membership
* Free health insurance
* Pension contributions increase to 5%
After qualifying period of 2 years:
* Death in service policy
How to apply
by Friday, September 13, 2019.