7 months ago
CAD Process Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a CAD Process Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage.
The CAD Process Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of CAD process to ensure the mechanical design is of a high quality, is efficiently created, updated and is consistent across the group. The CAD process engineer is to become the Stevenage CAD focal point under the direction of the CAD process team leader.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
* To give guidance and user support to the Stevenage CAD community to improve the quality and consistency of data, efficiency of the CAD processes.
* Identification of training needs and development of training aids, tools and documentation. Clear and interactive communication with the CAD users on these topics.
* Definition of CAD Process in support of all Stevenage Mechanical Design Office, 3D design and drawing office activities, principally using CATIA V5 and V6 3Dexperience, in conjunction with related PDM and ERP software and systems (3DCom, Engineering Central, SPRINT, Windchill etc).
* Identification of CAD software/hardware problems and resolution from local to transnational level.
* Contributes to maintaining records of user requests, identification and tracking of problems and difficulties.
* Mechanical Design office interface with other CAD Process teams across other Airbus sites.
* Proven experience in mechanical design activities using Catia V5 or V6 3Dexperience.
* Delivering CAD user support is desirable but not necessary.
* General drawing and design office practice including configuration control and document management.
* Aerospace or space industry background is desirable.
* Extensive Catia V5 or V6 3Dexperience knowledge including:
o General workbenches including part design, product design and surface.
o FTA and 3D as master principles.
o Powercopies and knowledgeware.
* Solid understanding of 3D as master principles.
* Experience of other 3D applications and technologies (VR, Delmia, ALM etc) would be an advantage.
* Good vision of mechanical design office & manufacturing activities,
* Able to make decisions and be proactive on improvements.