11 days ago
Job number: UK17570
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Scotland, Motherwell
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a CAD OPERATOR to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Motherwell.
Based from the Motherwell office you will work with the Cabling Management Team atAA our Hinkley Point C project.AA
We are open to sector backgroundAA but require all applicants to be competent in the use of AutoCAD.AA
* Accountable for the delivery of defined activities within the cable management team
* Display and foster a positive Nuclear Safety Culture
* Adhering to CAD/BIM Strategies, Execution Plans, Management Plans and Working Practices
* Creation and upkeep of CAD drawings to project specific drawing standards
What you'll be doing
As a CAD OPERATOR, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Working as part of a team of engineers tasked with the development and resolution of the engineering requirement associated with the main cabling contract for the HPC new nuclear power station
* The role is focused on the creation of drawings to allow the accurate and efficient install of cables at site
* Other tasks will include assisting the CAD Co-Ordinator in their review of CAD/Design/Engineering processes and procedures with the mentality of Value Engineering and development
* Quality Assurance and Document Control knowledge is imperative at all stages ensuring all documents are in line and compliant with departmental and project standards and procedures
* Technical reviews of deliverables and drawings for their content, accuracy, consistency, quality and completeness will be a daily task alongside identifying, capturing and managing technical risks and opportunities
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Minimum HNC in Engineering discipline (or equivalent e.g. significant AutoCAD experience within an engineering discipline)
* Knowledge of AutoCAD
* Can achieve security clearance (BPSS or higher)
* Experience of construction of large multi-discipline projects, understanding of engineering design delivery, understanding of cross-discipline relationships, interfaces and coordination
* Experienced in their nominated discipline for delivery of services installations in complex and multi-discipline environments
* Experience of engineering design delivery, requirements, standards, handover and quality needs, including use of 3D modelling environment
* Experience of applying construction focused understanding to developing engineering design for best practice, constructability and operability.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to AA2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering).AA Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.AA We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.AA
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.