9 months ago
C++ Simulation Software Engineer
Company Boeing Defence UK Limited
Job IDDate posted 09/28/2018
BDUK Advanced Systems Boeing Defence UK realises its Science and Technology, and Research and Development requirements through its
Advanced Systems team located in Bristol and Fleet, Hampshire.
BDUK Advanced Systems employs innovative, highly skilled and mission motivated engineers capable of developing differentiated, high quality systems and solutions with agility and at high velocity. The team develops innovative
information management and exploitation solutions for applications across a diverse set of C4ISR domains and contexts that include, but are not limited to mission systems, security, resilience, intelligence, cyber, logistics, and training.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic, open minded and forward thinking individuals with the right ambition and drive to succeed in the BDUK Advanced Systems team. Advanced System’s portfolio spans collaborating with a number of different universities including Cambridge and our overseas US partners to create state of the art technologies, to supporting the needs of the business on various software intensive programmes. Activities may include developing novel analytics and/or user interfaces as well as applying algorithms to real life problems.
Boeing Defence UK Advanced Systems works in close collaboration with Boeing Defence, Space & Security (BDS) Phantom Works – International (PW-I), established to drive innovation, next generation technology development and prototyping. We’re looking for software engineers with a talent and passion for native C++ software development to support emergent PW-I requirements in the UK as integral members of international of highly-skilled cross-domain team.
The responsibilities will include:
• Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
• Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
• Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
• Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
• Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
• Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
• Collaborates with a distributed national and international development teams and stakeholders to understand user requirements and translate them into effective prioritised technical requirements
• Ensures that software engineering processes are followed correctly and be able to identify areas for improvement
Skills & Requirements
• Strong knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice (C++11 / 14)
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
• Strong mathematics & physics background
• Experience with popular native C++ frameworks (Qt, Boost)
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery (Git, JIRA, JIRA Agile, Bamboo)
• Ability to work effectively within a small team environment and with people across all organisational levels
• Experience in Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) modelling & simulation technologies and standards (DIS / HLA)
• Experience with other software languages (Java, C#)
• Experience with modern 3D graphics development (OpenGL 3.x+ / OpenSceneGraph)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Experience in the desired technical disciplines (graduates will be considered)
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award: No
Job Code: 6J7BX2