20 days ago
: Feb 15, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
What We Do
The Listed Sales and Trading team is a diverse and inclusive technology team. We are responsible to build and manage some of the most critical trading platforms of Morgan Stanley. We are working directly with our institutional clients (sales and trading desks, external clients) to help manage and transfer their risk.
Our massively scalable software and systems cover a wide-range of asset classes, from traditional equities cash, derivatives, ETF, FX, to large part of Fixed Income, commodities, bonds, swaps and cross-asset instruments. We support fully automated low-latency order handling up to highly complex manual and customised workflow required by some of our advanced users. We develop cutting-edge systems that are transforming our key business and enable transactions to occur in microseconds.
While our infrastructure is mostly written in C++ and C#, we are building services in Java, .NET Core, C, KDB, Python and Typescript. We are open-minded about our technology choices, leverage and contribute to open-source and cloud technologies.
Who We Are Looking For
Our work is always client focused, our engineers are problem-solvers and innovators. We are looking for an exceptional engineer to work on our core order management product while being cloud-centric, leveraging micro-services architecture and aligned with our DevOps and Agile strategies.
The successful candidate will be able to influence and collaborate globally, adapt in a fast-paced changing environment. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial approach, creative and who will push the boundaries while managing risk appropriately.
Great opportunity to learn from and influence across a range of businesses and asset classes while collaborating with a talented group of individuals, both locally and globally. Work directly with business facing specialists, infrastructure leads and stakeholders in different development teams in a high-pace environment.
You have the responsibility to develop our high-throughput client-facing order manager. The majority of the code base is in C++ and python and you will need to contribute to business requests but also drive platform evolution to leverage new technologies.
Managing our technological risk and developer productivity will also be a key part of the role. As part of this you will help to define our programming language strategy, and software deployment model working with our DevOps/Agile CoE- ensuring stability, capacity and performances of our trading plant.#LI-PW1
* Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, STEM or equivalent practical experience. Strong Computing fundamentals including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
* Proven experience in development of production-grade applications in C++ and Python
* Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
* Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a sense of ownership and drive
* Understanding of open source server platforms (Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch)
* Broad Understanding of DevOps tools and technologies (Git, Jenkins, Ansible)
* Experience with public cloud deployment and tool chain
* Experience with web standards (REST APIs, Web Security Mechanisms)#LI-PW1