about 1 year ago
C#/C++ Software Developer
Role Title and Location: C#/C++ Software Developer - Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7551S
Directorate: Technical/ Systems & Missile Design / Weapon System Architecture & Equipment
MBDA Level of role: L4
Reports to: Head of Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation Stevenage
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Developer to join our team in Weapons Systems Simulation and Experimentation,The work is extremely varied and will allow you to workfrom early concept studies, through to experiments incorporating real equipment and military personnel.
What are we looking for?
* We are looking for asoftware developer / engineer to join a team in a fast pacedagile developmentenvironment.
* You will be comfortable operating in an environment where there is frequent change, and would relish the opportunitytouseyour skills and experience to influence anddeliver our projects on time.
* You will be able to demonstrateyour inter-personal skills and ability to build, develop and engage a disparate range of stakeholders.
* You will be able to demonstrate practical software engineering and / or system integration experience.
* You will be able to demonstrate your practical experience of C# and C++.
* The successful applicant will have excellent verbal and written communications and will be comfortable giving presentations.
What’s in it for you?
* You would joina customer focused team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilisingthe latest technologies.
* You will be able to develop and grow your skills and abilities, as you will work closely internally and externallyto deliver WSSE programmes.
* You will have opportunity to workcollaboratively withInternational Teams across MBDA group.
* The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering andenhance your technicalskills whilst workingin a Synthetic Environment.
What would you get?
* Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
* Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate weapon systems.
* Integration of hardware components and real equipment to provide an end-to-end representation of the system that is used with the end user.
* Use of simulation standards (DIS and HLA, DDS)
* the role will Involve working withtactical data links (Link16/Link11)
* the role will Involve working withserial and bus protocols (RS232/1553)
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
* You will be working with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
* You will be joining a team delivering advanced International Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.* Directorate
Engineering & Design
C#/C++ Software Developer
* Job Ref no