about 1 year ago
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Milton Keynes for a Buyer.
Cummins Electrified Power are a leading provider of flexible battery solutions for demanding automotive and power applications .
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
* _By ensuring back to back contractual coverage with supply base.
* _By supporting new product introductions with part sourcing
* _Working closely with program management and engineering teams to ensure flawless launch on budget.
* _Establishing early supplier involvement process to enable engagement in design for manufacturing activities to achieve benefits in cost, quality and availability.
* _By collaborating with other purchasing groups to identify and drive opportunities for joint business benefit.
Skills and Experience Required:
Prior experience in a buyer role
Experience managing purchase orders and ERP systems would be preferred
Ideally you will have worked in a similar environment (manufacturing, engineering etc.) but not essential
The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with others
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
* College, university or equivalent degree in a related business field such as supply chain management
Compensation and Benefits
In return we can offer an excellent salary and benefits package
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Milton Keynes-UK, Milton Keynes, Precedent House
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting May 31, 2018, 4:09:17 AM
Unposting Date Jun 30, 2018, 5:59:00 PM
Req ID: 180001DR