28 days ago
Business Support Projects & Improvements Specialist
The role will be responsible for supporting the rollout and implementation of projects across the business nationally. You will be able to comprehend the need for change and have an understanding and appreciation of business strategy in order to professionally implement the changes on behalf of the business.
Your capabilities will include the ability to work under pressure on multiple topics and be able to collaborate with staff at all levels to achieve your tasks while providing a high level of service to internal customers.
In addition, you must have a logical and practical approach to workload in order to share and switch tasks with colleagues where the business demand requires it. You must be prepared to travel in order to fulfil workload goals where required and necessary for project or improvement delivery.
• To support the efficient delivery of internal project and improvement initiatives as directed.
• Use your skill and experience to review project or improvement requirements, understand the plan of action and anticipate how you will meet objectives and deadlines.
• Adapt your approach to meet the demands of the project or improvement targets, appreciate the business requirements and find a way to proceed with a logical and practical approach.
• Implement UK wide or local initiatives endorsed by the business and track all activity and assist with the rollout of projects in a timely manner to meet the business deadlines. When instructed, assist with internal project and improvement initiatives, and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
Initial projects may include the following although are subject to change as and when determined by the business.
o DSE - Support the new approved DSE process in the remote working environment to help staff receive equipment to work remotely and create suitable tracking. When appropriate and applicable, handover to the operations team as a day to day monitoring task.
o Office Maintenance - Be prepared to travel to and from various locations where required and approved to assist other departments such as facilities for housekeeping, maintenance or onsite support to help with equipment pick up etc
o Documentation - Assist in streamlining how the business retains documents efficiently which may include archiving, electronic filing, scanning, folder structures etc.
o Business Support Process & Procedure - In addition to business changes, you will also be supporting the process of helping to identify best practice across the BST and ensure relevant process and procedure is up to date and implemented.
• Be ready to engage in new projects or improvements as directed by the business and expect there to be a broad range of work to be actioned with differing levels of impact
• Providing out of hour’s support when required and undertaking other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for effective performance of the team and the business.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
• Highly articulate with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills.
• Enjoy working in a busy professional environment.
• Able to multi-task, organise and prioritise workloads whilst remaining calm under pressure.
• Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions to suit our business and clients’ needs.
• Willing to learn and utilise your skills to provide a high level of service.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to work well as a team and on your own.
• Must demonstrate a flexible adaptable approach to changes and capable of working with moving targets.
• Able to communicate at all levels to develop good working relationships with the wider team and with staff nationally.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, 365 and PowerPoint.
• Ability to adapt to new ways of working, including the introduction of new technologies.
In return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, car allowance, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including discounted childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share’s.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.