12 days ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
What is the purpose of this role?
The post holder will be expected to act as an ambassador for the newly created Shared service Centre. The postholder will provide the SSC Director and Senior Shared Services Leadership team with managerial and administrative support to co-ordinate the effective flow and consistency of the shared service operations, culture , ways of working and comms supporting delivery of the service management framework across Human resources, Finance, Procurement support, Customer services, and the Performance and improvement team.
What will this role involve?
* Supporting the SSC Director and the senior management team in delivery of the strategic objectives around people, process, customer and service delivery. Accountable for driving delivery of consistency of the specific parts of the project plan.
* Custodian of the SSC Business continuity plan, responsible for leading the SSC efforts and co-ordinating a war room approach working
* Providing all types of administrative support to the Director of Shared services and the SSC senior management team including the production of PowerPoint slides and excel spreadsheets.
* Support the senior management team with the implementation and embedding of a new service delivery culture.
* Acting as a mental health and wellbeing co-ordinator for the SSC team – working with the SSC ambassadors to support people in the workplace and providing administrative support and reporting in relation to lone workers.
* Working with the senior management team and supporting them to deliver functional projects and where appropriate leading and delivering projects which link to delivery of the strategic objectives.
* Responsible for designing the SSC induction pack, working with colleagues in HR to understand the corporate offering and inclusion within the pack.
* Responsible for ensuring that the FTE list for the SSC is accurate and that the org charts and email list are up to date.
* Responsible for the management of the SSC facilities and onward liason with the Matchworks facility team to resolve any issues or process new requests.
* Responsible for management of the booking desk policy and the approval process.
* Support SSC leadership team in delivery of the right structures, with the right people and a winning culture.
* Responsible for the design and implementation of a departmental SSC employee recognition scheme and monitoring of thereon.
* Raising departmental Purchase orders for goods where appropriate.
* Ordering IT equipment and induction plans for new starts where appropriate and dealing with leavers.
* Responsibility for defining a robust the management of absence information
* Welcoming visitors to the SSC and arranging car parking spaces where appropriate
Strive to deliver services which are reliable, accurate, efficient and cost effective in line with agreed SLAs
Work with the SSC leadership team to deliver an operational culture with a strong customer service mind-set in line with the SSC Vision and strategic objectives, which balances delivery of SLAs whilst providing a “great place to work” and a winning culture.
Delivery of Services
* Ensure compliance with SSC standards, policy and procedures
* Ensure administrative processes are delivered in a timely manner as agreed with the SSC Director and SSC Leads
* Work within the parameters of the SSC service delivery framework which puts the customer at the heart of everything that we do.
* Participate in service management meetings as required.
* Seek, share and incorporate/implement best practices within SSC, specifically sharing of best practice across all areas.
* Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement on all activities and tasks.
The post holder will embrace and actively demonstrate the Amey ways of working – of Empower, Engage and Excel when working with Amey colleagues and stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
* Degree in Business, HR or equivalent.
* At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role supporting a senior Leadership team preferably within a customer services/ shared service environment.
* Understanding of business continuity processes and procedures and how to operationalise in a disaster recovery
* Strong management, administration and organisational skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and influencing senior managers and stakeholders
* Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
* Highly IT literate preferably SAP experience and has excellent office skills
* Understanding of SSC’s operations, at least one of the functional processes, i.e finance, hr, customer services and procurement.
* Strong customer service ethos with an understanding on how to drive service excellence across all areas.
* Highly organised and ability to prioritise and react to urgent situations