4 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
You will be responsible for providing a high level of professional support to individuals and teams, and may involve administration support within an office.
You will be expected to use your own initiative, provide succinct and effective administrative and secretarial support, using a flexible and adaptable approach. You will have an eye for detail and the ability to work quickly, independently and efficiently
A typical week would include:
* Provide professional administrative support to individuals and teams, proactively engaging at all to achieve a high level of support
* To arrange and facilitate internal and external events and meetings
* Responsibility for booking UK and international travel, including visas, flights, accommodation, car hire using WSP’s approved Travel Provider
* To assist Technical Directors and above with the completion of expenses and timesheets and the booking of absences on Business World as required
* To assist with the production of marketing material, proposal documents and presentations etc.
* Edit documents always checking for correct use of language, spelling etc.
* To provide support for other ad/hoc duties within the team/office as and when required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Extensive experience of providing high quality administrative support in demanding and pressurised environments
* Fully conversant to an advanced level in the Microsoft Suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Thorough knowledge and understanding of In-Design
* Ability to work independently and as part a team
* Builds effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation
* The ability and willingness to provide support and collaborate with other Administrative Professionals and support staff during times of heavy workload and absences
* Possess a professional and confident manner when talking to clients and colleagues
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.